Authorized Agent

Licences and certificates are issued to individuals who may act as an authorized agent for a company. A business or corporation which conducts application or brokering activities must:

  • Designate an authorized agent who holds a valid PMAB Licence or Broker Certificate and
  • Notify the Director in writing, within 15 days of any change in status of authorized agent(s).

An authorized agent for a company must advise OMAFRA in writing that they are the authorized agent.

Change in Status of Authorized Agent

If you change companies or if the authorized agent for your company changes, the Director needs to be notified in writing, within 15 days.

Complete the Change in Authorized Agent request form and send to:

Director of Nutrient Management Act

c/o Janet Nauta

University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus

120 Main St E

Ridgetown ON  N0P 2C0

What does it mean to be an authorized agent?

You must have ongoing and regular involvement in the operational aspects of the principal’s brokering operation or prescribed materials application business.  See O.Reg 267/03 s. 104 (1.1) and s.105 (1.1).

Why does my company need an authorized agent?

O. Reg 267/03 s.104 (1) (b) and s.105 (1) (b) states "in the case of a corporation, an individual is its authorized agent, holds a broker certificate/prescribed materials application business licence and complies with subsection (1.1); "

Reviewed 06/09/2016


Business Development Centre
University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus
120 Main St. E
Ridgetown, ON N0P 2C0
Email Us

This Project is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs